Local Investment Strategy
More place-focused foundations are exploring local impact investing – putting their dollars to work in their communities and regions. Moving in this new and exciting direction involves changing the culture of the foundation and building new skills and capacities. The LOCUS team partners with foundations to build their capacity and leadership for local impact investing by:
- Helping a foundation board and staff articulate an impact investing commitment, goal and strategy.
- Building the local impact investment screening tools, sourcing strategies and decision-making gates that enable a foundation to operationalize their commitment and deploy dollars locally.
- Providing guidance and models related to the creation of mission investment policies and procedures.
- Identifying and assessing mission-aligned community economic development deals and engaging key stakeholders.
- Fostering peer learning and exchange with other foundations.