Local Impact Strategy Solutions
Impact investing covers a broad range of actions on the part of philanthropic organizations. More place-focused foundations are exploring local impact investing – putting their dollars to work in their communities and regions. Moving in this new and exciting direction involves changing the culture of the foundation and building new skills and capacities. The LOCUS team partners with foundations to build their capacity and leadership for local impact investing by:
- Using LOCUS Philanthropy Tools to help foundations better understand the local context and opportunities.
- Conducting strategic assessment related to foundation capacity, economic development partners and mission investment opportunities.
- Providing guidance and models related to the creation of mission investment policies and procedures.
- Identifying and assessing mission-aligned community economic development deals and engaging key stakeholders.
- Fostering peer learning and exchange with other foundations.